Monday, May 14, 2007

sick day

I had to call in sick today. When I was in school, staying home sick was the most exciting thing after snow days. Now, however...it just irritates me. Perhaps because in the job I have now, sick days are taken from the same bank as vacation days. So it's almost like you are punished for being sick by having one fewer vacation days. Also, I've been fighting off this stupid virus for a week now and thought I was over it! It seems like I'm always sick lately...my immune system really sucks. I even started getting ready this morning until I realized "I still feel like crap. And I still can't sing. I can't go to work."

After I called my boss, I realized that I may have just unintentionally made it sound like I was skipping work because I was hungover. I have no idea why, but the words that came out of my mouth sounded something like this: "oh I should be fine by tomorrow...it's just something hanging over from the weekend... a virus..." Yeah. That pretty much sounds like I'm staying home hungover. Greeeaat. Real responsible Lynds. (even though there's obviously no way I could be hungover because I spent all of Sat & Sun in bed...)

On the brighter side, since I had to go out and get some claritin and juice I stopped by blockbuster for some entertainment all day while I played catch-up with my paperwork. I got Stranger than Fiction and some episodes of Entourage on dvd. Stranger than Fiction was fantastic. Surprisingly touching. I had never seen Entourage before but what I've seen so far is great. I shall definitely be renting more of it soon.

It's going to be a busy week....I had sooo better be feeling better by tomorrow! Tomorrow is dance rehearsal for Camelot, Wednesday I am driving to Bethesda to see Songs for a New World (with none other than the show's composer Jason Robert Brown playing!) I'm super psyched!! Then Thursday...pretty normal. Working out and stuff. Friday- more rehearsal. And then...? I had wanted to go Cumberland for the rest of th weekend, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen yet. Things are crazy!

Time for the Daily Show....night!

1 comment:

TSOldtimer said...

I hope you're not still sick! Good grief! Wanna come to a barn dance?